- Tim Smith**
- Barry Curtis**
- Marie McGinley**
- Chuck Gregory**
- Mark Hartman**
- Katharine Barry
- Steve Jacobson
- Rob Smith
- Lorraine Saunders
- Ross Parker
- Maureen Ruggeri
- Juan Rodriguez
- Susanna Coleman
- Dion Samuel
- Frank Polanco
- Danilo de la Torre
- Bob D’Angelo
- Rob DeCercq
- Elina Bauta
- Barry Zimmerman
- Tommy Knapp
- Lori Deak
- Rocky Bowell
- Jorg Hruschka
- Amanda Roy
- John Brewer
- Magnolia Catte
- Sara Dorfman
- Bari Wiggins
- McKay Ferrer
Tim Smith called the meeting to order and asked for introductions all around.
Motion to accept minutes (Marie/Barry) passed unanimously.
Motion to accept treasurer’s report (Barry/Marie) passed unanimously.
Primary Agenda Item: Thirteenth Street Craft Beer and Wine Festival
- Bandshell, cost higher, Gulfstream to sponsor, money in question
- Jorg to help with trash stuff from city…
- Marie found 4 ounce cups for souvenir
- Susanna – porta-potties
- Everyone volunteered to help set up / tear down
- Mark – city liaison
- Parking – liquor007, archways, – Lorraine to find out more / coordinate
- McKay to coordinate the breweries. Katharine/Homes Inc. will help.
- Liquor 007 (Dion) will coordinate wine stuff. Bari to assist, has contact for someone.
- Food. Katharine’s lady arranging food trucks.
- Best Rental, and Jorg’s group, and city, tables/chairs/etc.
- Katharine, sponsorship committee with Ross Parker,
- Danny Loo – DJ
- Sundays at Five
- Jorg knows a Neil Young band
- JiuJItsu – wrestling in the street
- Kids Entertainment – realty company will organize that
- Pets – Barry to lead, pet parade was suggested but not popular idea
- Promotions – Marie to lead, Susanna’s friend to assist
- Steve to do 4×8 sign
- Frank has website. Art13.com.
. Next meeting: Garden at Homes Inc, Monday, November 12, 5:30 pm
Meeting minutes prepared by Chuck Gregory, Secretary, Central City Alliance, 11/12/18
Additional Notes, thank you Katharine Barry
- PLANS for CCA CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL on March 2nd, 2019 from 4 – 8 p.m.
- FESTIVAL LOCATION: Along 13th St., from NE 4th Ave. to 9th St. (before the railroad tracks).
- STAGE LOCATION: The Roundabout where it was at the 2017 festival.
- TENTS & TABLES for VENDOR BOOTHS: City has 10 of each (Our City Contact: Jorg ____ )
- Best Rental can make more available at reduced rate.
- TRASH & CLEAN-UP: Jorg from City will help & explore what City can do to help.
- SPONSORSHIPS: HOMES (I thot Ross Parker had said he would help previously; and the young lady who was sitting next to me named Bari said she would help – do you have her contact info?)
- FOOD TRUCKS: HOMES (My Warhaftig – our event person). Don’t forget B Specialties and ones that came last year.
- D.J.: Frank (his friend, Danny, who did it at our 2017 street festival)
- EVENT INSURANCE: HOMES (KSB needs to contact Frank Pettineo, Jr.)
- PORT-O-POTTIES: Susannah (did them at Day of the Dead event)
- PARKING: Lorraine (we will need space for antique cars along 13th, and space for attendees in our neighborhood)
- PROMOTIONS/MARKETING of EVENT: Frank and Marie
- KIDS ACTIVITIES: Native Realty (row of kids crafts, face-painting, balloon animals, book give-away)
- ANTIQUE CAR DISPLAY: Tim
- MUSIC/BAND: Abby (her brother’s group who played last year at street festival)
- OTHER ENTERTAINENT: Abby (Jiu Jitsu / sumo wrestling demonstration via her new tenant)
- RECRUITMENT of CRAFT BEER BREWERS: HOMES (with help from Gulfstream)
- WINE: Dion Samuel – 007 Store Mgr. and Barry)
- WRIST BANDs for BEER TASTING: $20 each to taste all the beer
- SET-UP of EVENT / Begins at Noon:
- BREAK-DOWN of EVENT / 8 – 9 p.m.:
- PET ADOPTIONS:
NOTE: We agreed to Invite the new CRA Director to our next CCA Meeting (but really, he is maybe just the NW CRA Director, and DON MORRIS & Cija are still our CRA people from the City – so should we invite them? We might need their help. Don’t know that our Commissioner will be of assistance or not.)