This just in! Meeting is today, Tuesday February 3 at 3:30pm!
Greetings Neighbors and Community Leaders!
It’s Cija from the CRA… I am thrilled to announce the addition of team members Mark Alvarez and Edward Ng from The Corradino Group, to the Central City Rezoning Project Team! Since our Kick-off meeting on December 17th, we hit the ground running, but do not worry, we are not leaving you out. Understand that your input is invaluable to the success of this project and we are committed to transparency at every step of the way.
Join us at the Central City Redevelopment Advisory Board (CCRAB) regular zoom meeting on Wednesday – February 3, 2021 at 3:30 p.m., as we provide an update of the project’s current status (in other words, where we left off) and our plans on how to move forward.
Help spread the word and invite your friends and neighbors… the more the merrier~ This is a zoom meeting so do not forget to sign-up online, link below.
- Sign-up to listen or speak CCRAB City Webpage
- Central City Community Redevelopment Agency What we do
- Advisory Board Roster Central City Redevelopment Advisory Board Members
- Rezoning Project Overview, Context – Vision – Goal, Public Meeting Summary, Important Dates, FAQ
Let me know if any questions by email to CentralCityRezoning@fortlauderdale.gov . Eager to see you soon.
Central City CRA Rezoning Project Team Contact Information
City of Fort Lauderdale | Community Redevelopment Agency
914 Sistrunk Boulevard, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Main Office Line| (954) 828-6130
Project Questions Line| (954) 828-4776
As 2021 starts to unfold we thought we would reflect on 2020 and what the CCA has accomplished. It was a difficult year as COVID unfolded in our community. Still, while Covid
slowed us down, the CCA still kept busy in 2020.
Our signature event, The 13th Street Craft Beer and Wine Festival with Car Show on March 7, was one of the last public events of the year before Covid hit. The festival was a community and financial success. We could not have done it without our
volunteers and the participation of so many local businesses.
Below is a video celebrating that event.
2021 should be an equally busy year.
One big change is that we will likely not be able to have our festival in March as we had previously. With Covid still prevalent in the local area and social distancing rules in place, we are considering a move to October for this year. This also gives us an opportunity to apply for additional non-profit funding. Stay tuned for how you can be involved in this event.
Here is a list of actions taken in 2020 by your Central City Alliance board and its members:
- Became a 5013C non-profit.
- Received a $20,000 non-profit grant from the Central City CRA.
- Received sponsorships for our annual festival
- 13 th Street Craft Beer and Wine Festival
- Awarded “Marge Anderson Award ” to Katharine Barry
- Disseminated COVID 19 information on our website and social media
- Served on the Mayor’s COVID task force
- Partnered with HOMES Inc for Cares Act Food distribution, with funding from Community Foundation of Broward
- Partnered with HOMES Inc for “Chalk the Talk” – messages of Unity
- Hosted Art 13 – “Coming Out of the Dark”
- Hosted “13 on 13” – open air market
- Volunteered at Bridge 2 Life Educational event celebrating Black History Month
- Joined the Fort Lauderdale Council of Civic Associations
- Incorporated local police briefings in our in person meetings
- Hosted Ice Cream Social
- Pivoted to Virtual meetings, so that membership could stay connected
- Increased membership in the Central City Alliance
- Established regular communication with the Central City CRA staff
- Advocated for the for EBIP (emergency COVID funding) forgivable loans
- Advocated for City to plant trees in the medians
- Worked to eradicate graffiti on local commercial buildings
- Implemented the Community Garden restoration project at HOMES Inc.
- Decorated the Unity Circle with Holiday decorations
- Received $500 donation from District 2 Commissioner Steve Glassman
- Hosted Art 13 – “And That Was 2020” projection exhibit
- Hosted Holiday Social – Sponsored by Luxxso Auto